Home | About Patti | Contact Patti | Starsongs Magazine | The Over 50 Writer

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Review of Love Finds You In Bridal Veil Oregon by Miralee Farrell

Lots of yucky mud around today. We brought our granddaughter and her little friend home from dance class last evening in a hard rain. By the time my daughter arrived after work to pick Madi up, the rain had changed to snow. There was just a light dusting on the ground this morning and a lot of ice. I about fell when I went to exercise. The parking lot was a skating rink.

I belong to a group that promotes historical novels entitled Crown Fiction Marketing. We keep in touch with each other, and when someone has a new release, the members do their best to get the word out about it.

Today, I am going to review a book I picked up the other day because I recognized the author. Her name is Miralee Farrell and her book is entitled Love Finds You in Bridal Veil Oregon. It is one of a series of “Love Finds You” books published by Summerside Press.

Bridal Veil is the story of a young woman whose marriage plans are interrupted by her father’s well-intended meddling. She learns of her father’s deception after his death. The story tells of Margaret’s emotional and spiritual journey when her former sweetheart returns to Bridal Veil.

The hazards of the logging trade are skillfully threaded throughout the book, adding excitement and authenticity to the story.

Mixed in to the plot is the presence of another important man in her life and her sense of responsibility to a pair of orphans who arrive in town on the run from their abusive caretaker. Margaret searches her heart and discovers God’s will for her life as she struggles to protect the children from harm. They are under scrutiny as possible suspects in a mysterious murder.

The author does well with character development. The unique trait she gives to the orphan Joel and his sister Sammie’s protectiveness toward her brother adds flavor and depth to the story. I enjoyed the twist that Miralee uses to finish her entertaining tale.

I look forward to reading more from this talented author.

The "Love Finds You" books all depict real towns throughout the United States whee fictional stories are set. To learn more about the "Love Finds You" series, go to the Summerside Press website.

Thanks for reading my blog!

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice review, Pat! I loved the surprise at the end, too. I like that you mention Miralee Ferrell's attention to the logging industry hazards and the historic and authentic detail she weaves into the book. I've only read two Summersides so far, but I enjoyed them both. I'll have to seek out more.
; )

Patti Shene said...

Yes, I think I will check into some more Summersides as well. I read the first few chapters of Darlene Franklin's since she is in my crit group. Can't wait to see it in print.

Miralee Ferrell said...

Hi Patti, thanks so much for reading my book and for the review. I'm tickled you enjoyed it!

Miralee Ferrell

 
Content Copyright Patti Shene
Site by Eagle Designs