Home | About Patti | Contact Patti | Starsongs Magazine | The Over 50 Writer

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The 20/20/20 rule

Do you find yourself staring at a computer screen for hours at a time? By the time I fulfill my responsibilities as editor of Starsongs, read a few blogs, check email, etc., the time slips by and before I know it, three or more hours have slipped by. It can be mighty hard on the eyes. Is there a way to prevent eye strain in our technological world?

I heard this tip on the news the other day and thought I would pass it on. Look away from your computer screen every 20 minutes. Focus on something 20 feet away for 20 seconds. This will help relieve some of the stress to your eyes.

As a person who has struggled with limited vision all my life, I know the importance of preserving the vision I do have. Protect your vision by treating your eyes right! Keep them healthy!

Thanks for reading my blog!

0 Comments:

 
Content Copyright Patti Shene
Site by Eagle Designs