Home | About Patti | Contact Patti | Starsongs Magazine | The Over 50 Writer

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions for Any Day


The snow we received a couple of days ago is melting here on the porch. The sun is shining bright, but side streets in town are still snow-packed.

Is anyone surprised that I am two days late with my New Year's message? Probably not anyone who knows me! Yes, always the procrastinator here. Still, I figure I get a bit of a reprieve since New Year's Eve fell on Friday this year and people won't get back to the "normal" routine of their lives until Monday.

How many of you made New Year's resolutions? I didn't, but I have some thought of some resolutions that can apply to any day of the year. Below is my list of things I plan to keep in mind for all months, all seasons, all year long!

When someone hurts my feelings, I will remember there are those whose feelings I have hurt - sometimes without even knowing it.

When someone disappoints me, I will remember my own behavior that has disappointed others.

When I don't feel like cleaning house, I will remember those who don't have a home to clean.

When I want junk food, I will remember those who are dying for lack of anything nutritious.

When I feel impatient as I wait in line, I will remember that people in front of me may have much more pressing tasks to complete than I do.

When I want to curse at some silly circumstance, I will remember that cursing at inanimate objects is totally futile. Cursing at other people is downright hateful.

When I worry about money, I will remember those who have a whole lot less than I do.

When I don't hear from my family or friends as often as I'd like, I will remember the times when I craved a little privacy.

When I don't give my best in all that I do, I will remember how many lives will be affected.

When I don't show kindness to others, I will remember all the kindness that has been extended to me.

When I don't take time to say a prayer, I will remember all those who are taking time to pray for me.

When I don't take time to learn more about the Lord, I will remember all that the Lord knows about me.

When I don't uphold my Christian faith, I will remember how many people may never find the Truth because of my cowardice.

Happy New Year! May 2011 be a happy, healthy, prosperous, and blessed year for all of you!

Thanks for reading my blog!

2 Comments:

Dawn C. Orr said...

What a great blog and good resolutions. I think that they have much more of the 'Spirit' in them than most New Year's resolutions!!! You are a great inspriation to us all.

BK said...

Happy and blessed New Year to you, too!

 
Content Copyright Patti Shene
Site by Eagle Designs