Home | About Patti | Contact Patti | Starsongs Magazine | The Over 50 Writer

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Grand Canyon


Our day at the Grand Canyon was great! Patches of snow remained, but we were comfortably warm. Joelene and Madi were surprised at the size of the canyon. I think they expected something much smaller.



One time, we were inside one of the observation buildings where they had binoculars available. It took a couple of minutes, but we spotted the river and were able to see some rafters down there! We also saw a bridge, but I don't believe I got a picture of it.We had planned to go to the Skyway, but found out it is much farther away from the canyon than what we thought. Apparently, the Skyway juts out over the canyon and has a glass bottom. Imagine standing out there and looking straight down thousands of feet. My kind of adventure. Ah, well, maybe next time.


Madison really enjoyed our visit inside the Watchtower. She said it was like being inside a castle. As you can tell from the picture, it is still under construction. We trekked up the circular stone steps from one floor to the next, each taking us higher and higher above the canyon.

I posted some pictures of our trip on Facebook, so I invite you to go on over there and check them out.

Thanks for reading my blog!

2 Comments:

Audra Harders said...

Pat! I love the photos! Madi has gotten so big. Ah kids. They grow up fast.

Glad I found your blog. I look forward to following you!

Patti Shene said...

Thanks, Audra! It was great to get in touch with you as well.

 
Content Copyright Patti Shene
Site by Eagle Designs