Home | About Patti | Contact Patti | Starsongs Magazine | The Over 50 Writer

Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm Still Here

No, I have not dropped off the face of the earth, although I did feel like it for a few days. I’ve been down with a nasty upper respiratory infection. Finally got started on some medication and am feeling much better now.

There is a bright side to everything, and for me, my illness gave me plenty of time to read! I had the opportunity to finish a couple of good books I will be reviewing over the next few days.

In the meantime, I’m in Arizona! My daughter and granddaughter invited me along on a “spring break” trip. We traveled all day yesterday, about a ten + hour trip. We had brought sandwiches and snacks with us, so didn't need to stop for food, although we did take breaks and stop for some pictures. We got settled at a motel in Flagstaff around 7 PM and were delighted to discover that in Arizona, it was an hour earlier!

After a quick supper at Taco Bell, we went back to the motel where Madi really enjoyed swimming in the pool. Jo and I each relaxed after our long day of driving with a good book. We all slept like babies last night!

Today, we are excited to do some sightseeing at the Grand Canyon. I was there a few years ago with friends, but it was a quick stop on our way home from somewhere else. Joelene and Madison have never seen it, so this will be a first for them.

Okay, time to head out for some breakfast.

I’ll be back with book reviews and pictures of our tirp in a couple of days.

Thanks for reading my blog.

0 Comments:

 
Content Copyright Patti Shene
Site by Eagle Designs