Home | About Patti | Contact Patti | Starsongs Magazine | The Over 50 Writer

Sunday, April 12, 2009

HAPPY EASTER!

Happy Easter! Welcome back to Patti's Porch. It has been raining all day here, a true blessing when one considers how dry this area has been for much too long.

I did a couple of things new during lent this year that brought the importance of the season to light more clearly. First, on the recommendation of a friend, I followed a Lenten daily devotional online. Each day portrayed events in such vivid detail that I felt I was actually there duirng that dark time in history when our Lord was condemned to die. I experienced His pain, His suffering, His love for every one of us. The wondrous miracle of his resurrection.

Our pastor held a six-part series on Wednesday mornings duirng Lent. It proved a special time of fellowship, sharing, and learning. We enjoyed breakfast, formed a bond as a small group, and came away with a deeper understanding of love.

Friday evening, I accepted a co-worker friend's invitation and went to a contata performed by members of the Nazarene church and First Presbyterian church combined. It was an enriching experience to hear harmonious voices lifted in praise to our Lord.

Last evening, I had fun coloring Easter eggs with our granddaughter and hiding them. I discovered she is much better hider and finder than grandma is! We talked about what we really celebrate at Easter, and this year, she is old enough to grasp an understanding of the meaning.

Today, after an inspirational sermon at church, our family got together with our "barbecue" cooked inside due to the inclement weather, but that didn't stop lots of folks from turning out. At least a dozen kids and ten times as many Easter eggs to be hunted and found.

All in all, this has been a wonderful Lenten season for me and I pray that all those who read this will carry with them the joy and the victory of Easter Sunday in their hearts throughout the year.

Thanks for reading my blog.

2 Comments:

JJ said...

Happy Easter!

I read your article about lent in the church paper. Excellent writing!

B.K. Jackson said...

It was a marvelous Easter indeed! No matter how long I live, I will never fully be able to wrap my head around the idea of how Jesus' sacrificed His own life for someone like me. But Easter helps me to focus and really stop to appreciate even more what God has done for us.

 
Content Copyright Patti Shene
Site by Eagle Designs