Home | About Patti | Contact Patti | Starsongs Magazine | The Over 50 Writer

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Not Here but Not There

Sorry it has again been a time since I last wrote. I did a few extra shifts a couple of weeks ago and caught a cold or some kind of crud that I can’t seem to shake. No fever or anything, just a very annoying cough, sneezing, and feeling so tired at times.

I even missed Halloween. Not that it made that much difference. We never get trick-or-treaters other than our granddaughter. Since we live outside the city limit, the kids get their fill of candy from the residents of the main streets in town. I came home from work that morning and went right to bed, didn’t wake up until our daughter and granddaughter were knocking on the door at 8:15. Usually I take a drive to town in early evening to see all the little ones on the streets in their costumes, but I totally missed out this year.

I have not attended our adult Sunday school class and church for two weeks in a row because of this crud. I don’t want to be spreading my germs to the rest of our congregation, so I’ve just stayed home. When I go to the grocery store or the post office, I wear a jacket so I can “cough into the elbow”, as they advise. I’m so paranoid about spreading germs around.

I don’t like sickness, but I don’t like this state of semi-health either. I’m too sick to go to church but not sick enough to stay home from work. I’m taking medications, but none of them are prescription. I’d like to see a doctor, but I don’t have enough symptoms to warrant an appointment when there are dozens of others who are “really sick”. So, I drink plenty of water, double my usual dose of Vitamin C, use rest as an excuse not to do the housework, eat canned fruit that contains way too much sugar and ice cream because it soothes my scratchy throat. Maybe next week I’ll be back to normal.

Well, I just finished having another coughing fit…opened my fortieth box of tissues…..washed my hands for the hundred and fiftieth time. Sure am glad it’s just a cold.

Thanks for reading my blog.

0 Comments:

 
Content Copyright Patti Shene
Site by Eagle Designs