Home | About Patti | Contact Patti | Starsongs Magazine | The Over 50 Writer

Friday, January 27, 2012

Have a God Day!

When I got my first Tracfone, I thought the T9 word feature was the coolest thing. I wasn't an avid texter, but when I did send out a text, the T9 word would seem to anticipate what I wanted to say as if by magic. I could craft a message with only a few taps of my fingers on the keys. 


However, T9 word was not smart enough to differentiate which combination of letters I wanted, so sometimes the wrong word would sneak into my message. My daughter's nickname is and has been "Seeds" since she was very young. (Maybe that's a subject for another post someday!). Once in a while, I would text "Seeds, are you there?" However, that combination of letters in T9 word also translates to "refer." I would get a "LOL! REFER???" as a reply.


Today, I've graduated beyond T9 word technology. I carry a Smartphone, which came with an entirely new technological feature called "Swipe." All I have to do is swipe my fingertip across the keyboard and it creates my message. However, like T9 word, the combination sometimes comes out all wrong.


Several times, I've texted "have a good day" only to find later that what I really sent to the person on the other end is "have a god day." I wonder if maybe that is not the message that was intended in the first place. After all, how can anyone have a bad day if they are having a "god day?"


God is creative, compassionate, omnipresent, forgiving, not to mention a host of other attributes.. If we are having a "god day," it is probably filled with joy, peace, patience, kindness, and  love. Who could ask for more than that?


The only thing that bothers me about the message is that I like to use a capital "G" when referring to God The capital letter doesn't make it into the message, but I think there is enough packed in to those four words to reflect the significance the message carries anyway.


Here's wishing all of you a God day! 


Thanks for reading my blog!  

0 Comments:

 
Content Copyright Patti Shene
Site by Eagle Designs