Home | About Patti | Contact Patti | Starsongs Magazine | The Over 50 Writer

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

WELCOME TO MY NEW HOME!

I have news. I’ve moved! My home on the web has moved, that is. Come on over to Patti’s Porch at http://www.pattishene.com/ and have a look. I’ll be waiting with a cup of coffee. Sorry, I just have the regular stuff with old-fashioned milk and sugar (or diet sweetener). My taste buds just won’t get accustomed to those fancy flavors. I’m afraid Starbucks would go out of business if they had to depend on me.

Thanks to Tiff Stockton of http://www.eagle-designs.com/ for designing and creating my site. I’ve been going to start one for the longest time, but once again, I’m ever the procrastinator. Since she is a member of my ACFW chapter here in Colorado, she nudged me to finally take the necessary steps.

The site, being new, is still in the stages of fine-tuning. Like moving into a home for the first time, I have some “new furniture” to buy, “pictures” to hang on the walls, and maybe some wallpaper to add here and there. However, thanks to Tiff, the foundation and basic structure are well in place.

I plan to add a little blurb about the three novels I have in progress, maybe a short story or poem once in a while, and more writing tips. I may even share some of the software secrets I’ve discovered about Office 2007. I had it installed on my brand new laptop. I definitely have intentions of replacing those pictures. My daughter-in-law took great photos when she and my son visited and will be sending them when she can. She’s got a full plate right now, so I don’t want to rush her. When they get here, I’ll get them posted.

These next few days, I will be attending the Colorado Christian Writer’s Conference in Estes Park. I’m very excited because I’ve been accepted into Jim and Tracie Peterson’s unpublished fiction clinic. I know I will learn a lot from the two of them.

For those of you who have not read my previous blog posts (they will also be accessible at my web site in a few days), you will find that I like to post about a little bit of everything. I like to write about my family. I enjoy doing author interviews and book reviews and hope to take my readers along with me on my own journey to publication.

So, come on over and porch sit with me for a while so we can visit. If you already know me, I’d love to see you. If you’re a stranger, come on over so we can get to know each other. Bring a sweater. It’s a little chilly and overcast on the Colorado plains today!

4 Comments:

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Welcome to your new home, Pat. Looks like you're settling in nicely. :)

And thanks for the plug for my design services. I aim to please and help serve authors so they can get online with a web site they'll love.

JJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JJ said...

Nice page! Looks great. Keep working hard on your writings!

Patti Shene said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement Tiff and JJ! I hope to add lots more soon, so check back every now and again. Love to have you visit.

 
Content Copyright Patti Shene
Site by Eagle Designs